This is a moderated blog. All comments will be reviewed before they are posted to ensure compliance with our comment policy. Therefore, comments may not show up immediately. We recognize that the Web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. Moderating and posting comments should only be expected to occur during regular business hours. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends will be read and posted as early as possible; in most cases, this means the next business day.
Our comment policy is designed to encourage respectful, constructive dialogue.
- Stay focused. All viewpoints are welcome, but comments should remain relevant to the Collaborative and the topic being discussed. Only comments that relate to the topic being discussed will be posted.
- Be respectful. Comments will not be posted if they contain personal attacks, which include discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, inflammatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable statements, language or content. Comments that contain partisan political views will not be posted.
- Tell the truth. Comments that contain or spread misleading or false information will not be posted. Here and in other areas of public discussion, make sure that what you are saying is factually correct.
- Be careful about including links and personal information – Since all posts and comments are visible to anyone that stumbles upon this blog, please don’t include or link to any information that would cause security problems or breach confidentiality agreements. If a comment with any personal identifying information (PII) is included, the comment will not be posted.
- Refrain from seeking medical advice. Comments that seek a specific diagnosis or request medical advice will not be posted.
- Refrain from endorsing a commercial product. Comments or links that promote a particular service, or product, and solicitation of any proposal or business will not be posted.
The Collaborative reserves the right to determine which comments violate our comment policy and to remove and/or not post comments at our discretion.
The views expressed within posted comments do not necessarily reflect those of the Collaborative, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or the United States Government.
Reporter questions will not be posted or answered.
Thank you for taking the time to review our comment policy. We encourage your participation in our discussion and look forward to hearing from you.
The Collaborative uses the WordPress blog platform to support this blog. WordPress is not government-owned or government-operated.
This platform enables visitors to respond to information posted by the Collaborative by posting comments. Visitors who post comments do not need to register, provide their real names or supply any other personal information. An email address is required but not made public and will not be used for any purpose other than communication directly related to the comment. When visitors do provide their names or other identifying information, their comments will not be posted.
Although WordPress offers some analytics and usage data to the Collaborative, these reports do not include any personally identifiable information. The reports are password protected and only available to Collaborative members and other designated staff requiring this information to perform their duties.
Linking Policy and Disclaimer of Endorsement
Posts or pages on this blog may include useful hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations and persons. We provide these links and pointers solely for our users’ information and convenience. These references are not intended to reflect the opinion of the Collaborative, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the United States Government, or its officers or employees concerning the significance, priority or importance to be given the referenced entity, product, service or organization. Such references are not an official or personal endorsement of any product, person, or service, and may not be quoted or reproduced for the purpose of stating or implying HHS endorsement or approval of any product, person, or service.
We adhere to the HHS Disclaimer Policy. In short:
- When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the blog and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- The Collaborative does not control nor guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on an externally linked website.
- The Collaborative and this blog do not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- The Collaborative cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website. Those who provide comments are responsible for the copyright of the text they provide.
- The Collaborative is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- The Collaborative does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
For more information on HHS disclaimers, visit the HHS Website Disclaimers page.